Electric Picture Palace, Southwold
The facade of the Electric Picture Palace, designed by John Bennett to reflect the styles of 1912, is a far cry from the cart shed and hayloft that previously stood here until 2000. The first Southwold Cinema opened in 1912 in York Road – a very short distance away – and was also called The Electric Picture Palace. The Southwold Film Society have been enthusiastically showing films since 1998.
- Blackmill Road